If you have books that fit their criteria, you can mail books to the warehouse at Books For Africa, a nonprofit that helps fill the desperate need for text books and recreational reading in Africa.
Info from the site:
Please send all book donations to the BFA warehouse:
Books For Africa Warehouse-Atlanta
2971 Olympic Industrial Drive SE, Suite C
Smyrna, GA 30080 USA
Books For Africa accepts:
* 10 years old or newer popular fiction and nonfiction reading books (soft and hard cover).
* 10 years old or newer primary, secondary, and college textbooks (soft and hard cover).
* 1995 or newer reference books such as encyclopedias and dictionaries.
* 10 years old or newer medical, nursing, IT, and law books.
* Bibles are sent when requested by African recipients.
* School/office supplies—paper, pencils, pens, wall charts, maps, etc.
Acceptable books are gently used and relevant to an African reader.
Books For Africa does NOT accept:
* Magazines or journals or any kind.
* Home decorating, wedding, or cookbooks.
* Ethnocentric books, such as the biography of Abraham Lincoln or the history of Ohio.
* Foreign language books except for French books. French novels and dictionaries are welcome.
* American history or civics.
* Music books for K–12.
Currently, it costs 50 cents to ship each book to Africa. Please consider making a financial donation to cover the costs of shipping the books you donate. Please send financial donations separately in an envelope to the BFA office: Books For Africa, 253 East 4th Street, Suite 200, St. Paul, MN 55101, USA. Or make a donation online.