Coconut Curry Tofu
What You'll Need:
* 2 bunches green onions
* 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
* 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
* 2 teaspoons chili paste
* 1 pound firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
* 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
* 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* 4 cups chopped bok choy
* salt to taste
Step by Step:
Remove white parts of green onions, and finely chop. Chop greens into 2" pieces.
In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, mix coconut milk, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, brown sugar, curry powder, ginger, and chili paste. Bring to a boil.
Stir tofu, tomatoes, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and finely chopped green onions into the skillet.
Cover, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix in basil and bok choy. Season with salt and remaining soy sauce.
Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp.
Garnish with remaining green onion.
Yield: 6 servings