The Body Peace Treaty:
* Remember that the sun will still rise tomorrow even if I had one too many slices of pizza or an extra scoop of ice cream tonight.
* Never blame my body for the bad day I'm having.
* Stop joining in when my friends compare and trash their own bodies.
* Never allow a dirty look from someone else to influence how I feel about my appearance.
* Quit judging a person solely by how his or her body looks — even if it seems harmless — because I'd never want anyone to do that to me.
* Notice all the amazing things my body is doing for me every moment I walk, talk, think, breathe...
* Quiet that negative little voice in my head when it starts to say mean things about my body that I'd never tolerate anyone else saying about me.
* Remind myself that what you see isn't always what you get on TV and in ads — it takes a lot of airbrushing, dieting, money, and work to look like that.
* Remember that even the girl who I'd swap bodies with in a minute has something about her looks that she hates.
* Respect my body by feeding it well, working up a sweat when it needs it, and knowing when to give it a break.
* Realize that the mirror can reflect only what's on the surface of me, not who I am inside.
* Know that I'm already beautiful just the way I am.