?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
18 January 2007 @ 03:18 pm
Utterly senseless  
I was shocked when I first heard about this contest because I'd already heard about other deaths from water intoxication. I knew the brain could swell up and cause death. So I was surprised that anyone would hold such a contest and be unaware of the danger. Now they've discovered that the radio dj's were warned by a caller and didn't take the warning seriously--they joked about it!

CNN story

And all for a Nintendo Wii. I can't imagine how her children will feel as they grow up knowing she died just to get them a video game system in a senseless contest.

Can we say lawsuit? Manslaughter charges?
 
 
 
crushednchurned on January 18th, 2007 11:34 pm (UTC)
Weird, she looks so much like I imagined she looked.
Sir Ted of Teddingtoneastbayted on January 19th, 2007 12:55 am (UTC)
It's a completely tragic tale and such as senseless waste. But I think she was at least as much to blame for participating in the idiotic contest as they were for holding it.